Sunday, November 24, 2013

Princess Maria

I recently went on a short term mission trip to Nicaragua
with 11 people from our church that was led by Go International. I thought I would be writing endless posts about our adventures. Instead, I find that my heart has been so deeply affected by these people and our God that I can't find the words. For today I leave you with this. Look into the beautiful eyes of Maria. Imagine them full of tears and pain as she explains to me that she can't go to school while she writes her name in my notebook in the most beautiful cursive. She can't go because she doesn't have a uniform. She doesn't have 1 white shirt and 1 blue skirt folks. That's all that is keeping her from learning, from making a better future for herself and her country. 1 shirt and 1 skirt is all that stands between hunger and food, a tin shack and a home, and shoes and bare feet for Maria. How can God use you to help her and others like this precious child of the king?

No comments:

Post a Comment