Sunday, February 17, 2013

Get Clean Part 2

We are attempting to keep the house a little more clean and I think we are succeeding. I posted about how we do laundry in Get Clean Part 1. I think it's working. BUT my sweet friend, who also has four children, told me that she only does 1 load of laundry everyday. WHAT?! We have clothes for the barn, running, dance, karate, and basketball. My kids go outside almost everyday, even in the winter, and get extremely muddy. Any suggestions on how to cut down laundry?

On to the cleaning.
Our kids have age appropriate morning and evening chores. I posted each child a list with pictures of chores and how to get ready for the day/night on the wall in the upstairs hallway. I see all of them standing in the hallway verbally checking their lists. I hear "Check. Check. X!" And then off they run to the next thing.

Morning:
Everyone:    Make beds, Put dirty clothes away
Kate (3):      Clean bathroom sink
Carter (5):    Take out trash in downstairs bathroom
Cole (7):      Take out trash in upstairs bathroom

Evening:
Everyone: Pick up bedrooms
Kate (3):      Check Mom and Dad's room for toys
Carter (5):   Check dining room for toys
Cole (7):      Check living room for toys
Mom:           Pick up school room
Dad:             Clear the kitchen bar

The boys bring in the empty trashcans and recycling tubs each week and feed the goats, chickens, and dogs everyday.

I made a cleaning schedule. It helps give me an idea of what to do when I am overwhelmed. Plus the hubby often checks the list and helps out!
Monday:      Vacuum
Tuesday:      Mop
Wednesday: Bathrooms
Thursday:    Vacuum
Friday:         Mop
I may not get the entire house mopped or vacuumed if it's a busy day, but at least something gets done. Having a bad plan is better than having no plan in my mind!
Happy cleaning!

3 comments:

  1. I don't understand how a 4 kid family can only do one load of laundry a day either....but I am smiling, picturing a HUGE washing machine with an enormous capacity....like one twice the height and width of a regular machine! Found you via your linkup to Amy and Stephanie's Inspired Wednesday Blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently created a written list system for our family, too, and I love it! It's very helpful to see what kinds of chores other kids are doing at which ages. Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks, too, for linking up to Inspired Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tosha,
    I also have a laundry schedule. I have to work around my in-laws using the washer and dryer as well so I have to break down days that I wash. I try to keep it consistent so everyone knows what to expect to put away that evening.
    Thanks for sharing your schedule and linking up!

    ReplyDelete